Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Coupons - My Kroger Trip - 50% Savings!

Went to Kroger's today and with coupons and the Kroger card, I saved $56.32 and spent $58.42 cash. Almost 50% in savings. Kroger has the Mega Event going on right now where if you buy 10 of the right items you get $5 off. You can use that in conjunction with coupons for even more savings. I was able to get the full size Tombstone pizzas for $.99 because of coupons from Facebook/Tombstone. Lipton Tea - I was able to use both a coupon that was loaded on my Kroger card and one I clipped from an insert to get $1.30 off a $2.49 box of tea bags. There are many savings like that if you take the time to look for them. I was able to get Philadelphia Cream Cheese for -$.01. That's right, Kroger's paid me to buy their product. $.99 because of the Mega event and a $1.00/1 coupon equals free! I hope I can encouragement others to find these deals too.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Rob

    On this whole coupon thing. Did you do any kind of comparison with Krogers vs. Walmart? I know Krogers is more expensive so with the coupons does it still work out to be cheaper then Walmart? Just curious.

    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes we have been tracking it. The problem with Walmart is that since there is no card, a lot of the time the price is the same as Kroger's if you don't use the card. Kroger also gives out a lot of coupons that you can use at Kroger's only. Kroger also allows you to load coupons on their card that can double up with ones you get in the paper. And I do not believe that Walmart doubles coupons but I could be wrong on that one.

    On the other hand, Walmart every now and then has some awesomely cheap deals but it is hard to find them since they do not print an ad. Meijers does the same thing too but I never got into them.

    Kroger is 5 mins from my house while Walmart and Meijer is 15 mins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool, thanks for the info. I'll pass this along to my wife.

    ReplyDelete